From: Lei Zhang <zhanglei.april@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] native-clang: weekly report #2
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:35:38
1 2016-06-11 19:58 GMT+08:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 11/06/16 13:46, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> On 6/11/16 7:23 AM, Lei Zhang wrote:
4 >>> Hi there!
5 >>>
6 >>> Progress this week:
7 >>> - be able to bootstrap a freestanding clang and make it work on a musl
8 >>> based system
9 >>> - experiment with NetBSD's crtbegin/end files and they appear to work correctly
10 >>> - send the first set of patches to clang/LLVM, which enables clang to
11 >>> build binaries agains musl
12 >>>
13 >>> Plan for next week:
14 >>> - figure out a reasonable patch which allows clang/LLVM to be built against musl
15 >>> - think about how to package the clang + musl based toolchain
16 >>> - try to prepare a GNU-free stage3 system
17 >>
18 >> I'm not sure what you mean by "package the clang + musl based toolchain"
19 >> but the stage3 is how we distribute working a toolchain in Gentoo.
20 >
21 > At very least:
22 >
23 > - package the crt from netbsd
24 > - fix the dependencies accordingly
25
26 Also package compiler-rt and libunwind, which will replace libgcc and
27 libgcc_eh respectively. I'm not sure yet if I should replace libcxxrt
28 with libcxxabi.
29
30 Lei