From: UnderSampled <undersampled@××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 01:09:52
1 Perhaps a Raspberry Pi would be helpful?
2
3 On July 14, 2020 9:04:49 PM EDT, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
4 >Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 >>> > The next two weeks will be focused on that. I will be setting up
7 >an
8 >>> > ARM based VPS.
9 >>>
10 >>> What kind of VPS are you planning to set up?
11 >>
12 >> I don't know actually, I was looking for AWS's EC2 A1
13 >> https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/a1/
14 >> but then I realised that the credits which we get from Github's
15 >Student
16 >> Pack are for _AWS Educate_. AWS does offer a free tier variant, but
17 >it
18 >> only provides credits worth 30$ at the moment.
19 >
20 >AWS free/education tier will be less powerful than your phone. Please
21 >go ahead and try but don't bat much on it.
22 >
23 >Does your phone have an SD card slot? Is it possible to set up NFS or
24 >iSCSI on you phone?
25 >
26 >Benda
29 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.