From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 01:05:00
1 Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> > The next two weeks will be focused on that. I will be setting up an
4 >> > ARM based VPS.
5 >>
6 >> What kind of VPS are you planning to set up?
7 >
8 > I don't know actually, I was looking for AWS's EC2 A1
9 > https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/a1/
10 > but then I realised that the credits which we get from Github's Student
11 > Pack are for _AWS Educate_. AWS does offer a free tier variant, but it
12 > only provides credits worth 30$ at the moment.
13
14 AWS free/education tier will be less powerful than your phone. Please
15 go ahead and try but don't bat much on it.
16
17 Does your phone have an SD card slot? Is it possible to set up NFS or
18 iSCSI on you phone?
19
20 Benda