From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 05:01:19
1 On 20/07/14 08:17AM, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > > Like I mentioned in my previous off-timed weekly report, I had been
5 > > working on studying Android's Build Process this week.
6 > >
7 > > I have published a blog [1] regarding the same (most of it is just
8 > > confirmed workflows). I also laid a plan on how to approach building
9 > > Android on aarch64 host.
10 >
11 > That's an excellent write-up.
12
13 Thanks !
14
15 > > The next two weeks will be focused on that. I will be setting up an
16 > > ARM based VPS.
17 >
18 > What kind of VPS are you planning to set up?
19
20 I don't know actually, I was looking for AWS's EC2 A1
21 https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/a1/
22 but then I realised that the credits which we get from Github's Student
23 Pack are for _AWS Educate_. AWS does offer a free tier variant, but it
24 only provides credits worth 30$ at the moment.
25
26 > > Once we are through with natively compiling Android, I plan to
27 > > separate LLVM/Clang toolchain along with Bionic from the AOSP
28 > > codebase, Bionic here being the tricky part.
29 >
30 > Good.
31 >
32 > Benda