From: EBo <ebo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] email etiquette [was: Welcome, GSoC students!]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:34:18
1 > Great, thanks for asking! While we're at it, this is a good time to
2 > briefly mention one aspect of email etiquette. Take a look at how I
3 > quoted only the parts that are relevant to my reply, instead of the
4 > whole thing, and how I write my reply immediately after each part. This
5 > makes it a lot easier for people to follow the details.
6
7 Thank you for defining Gentoo's preferred email style. I would like to
8 point out, however, that different projects and organizations have
9 different preferences. In the past I have been severely chastised and
10 called a moron because I followed a different style, and the style they
11 wanted me to follow was severely objected to by someone else. The message
12 I took away a long time ago was do your best to conform to the styles of
13 the groups you are working with, and this will likely be different from
14 group to group.
15
16 Thank you once again Dr. Berkholz for your instruction.
17
18 Best regards,
19
20 EBo --