From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report 04/30
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 07:19:09
1 "Pengcheng Xu" <i@××××××××.moe> writes:
2
3 >> Looks good to me.  Looking forward to your UART and init hacks.
4 >
5 > The init hacks are in this week's work. I won't be able to get the
6 > UART cable that my friend made until May 12th, though. I'll mention how
7 > it goes when I get the cable, so stay tuned.
8
9 Nice!
10
11 >> > April 30: blogged about progress, cleaned up bookmarks for articles to
12 >> > read
13 >> Will you please add the reference articles in your blog post?
14 >
15 > I've linked the referred articles inline; is that not enough (and I need to
16 > Explicitly list the references at the end of the article)?
17
18 Never mind, I thought you had another list of "bookmarks for articles to
19 read".
20
21 >> Is it possible to raise this issue to google?
22
23 >>   e.g. https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/report-bugs
24 >
25 > The problem is that I can't find a repository for angler's kernel
26 > source at https://android.googlesource.com/ , and angler is
27 > approaching its EOL deadline; what's more, the problems I encounter
28 > are located in the sources that are not used by Android (they're off
29 > in the device defconfig). I'll try though, but I don't expect much in
30 > this.
31
32 Okay, thanks for clarifying.
33
34 >> > As the current stage3 tarballs for arm looks quite outdated
35 >> > (20161129), I expect that some efforts will be needed to roll it up to
36 >> > match the most up-to-date portage tree.
37 >>
38 >> Please open a bug report to remind the ARM team to update stage3
39 >> tarballs.
40 >
41 > Bug created, link: https://bugs.gentoo.org/654994
42