From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report 04/30
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 18:34:50
1 > From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
2 > Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:21 PM
3 > To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
4 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report 04/30
5 >
6 > Hi Pengcheng,
7 > Looks good to me.  Looking forward to your UART and init hacks.
8
9 The init hacks are in this week's work. I won't be able to get the
10 UART cable that my friend made until May 12th, though. I'll mention how
11 it goes when I get the cable, so stay tuned.
12
13 > "Pengcheng Xu" <mailto:i@××××××××.moe> writes:
14 > > My daily activities this week sums up as follows:
15 > >
16 > > April 25: updated local Lineage OS source tree, tried to figure out
17 > > reason of compile failure
18 > > April 26: scrolled back in AOSP compile log to find error, fixed error
19 > > by cleaning work directory
20 > > April 27: successfully compiled ROM package, backed-up old data on
21 > > phone
22 > > April 28: installed fastboot driver on Windows, flashed newest TWRP,
23 > > flashed ROM package, tested for functionality
24 > > April 29: tweaked kernel options (fixing compile errors in the
25 > > process), added hook before initramfs generation, set up GitHub repo
26 > > forks
27 > > April 30: blogged about progress, cleaned up bookmarks for articles to
28 > > read
29 > Will you please add the reference articles in your blog post?
30
31 I've linked the referred articles inline; is that not enough (and I need to
32 Explicitly list the references at the end of the article)?
33
34 > > The blog post that logs the details is at [1].
35 > >
36 > > Thanks in advance!
37 > >
38 > > [1]: https://jsteward.moe/weekly-report-0430.html
39 >
40 > > Some compile errors (such as missing semi-colons and #include's) pop
41 > > up as I enable options in kernel config. (This clearly demonstrates
42 > > Google's poor code quality :/ ) I've forked the kernel repository on
43 > > GitHub to store my changes to the kernel source.
44 > Is it possible to raise this issue to google?
45 >   e.g. https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/report-bugs
46
47 The problem is that I can't find a repository for angler's kernel source at
48 https://android.googlesource.com/ , and angler is approaching its EOL deadline;
49 what's more, the problems I encounter are located in the sources that are not
50 used by Android (they're off in the device defconfig). I'll try though, but I
51 don't expect much in this.
52
53 > > As the current stage3 tarballs for arm looks quite outdated
54 > > (20161129), I expect that some efforts will be needed to roll it up to
55 > > match the most up-to-date portage tree.
56 > Please open a bug report to remind the ARM team to update stage3
57 > tarballs.
58
59 Bug created, link: https://bugs.gentoo.org/654994
60