From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report 04/30
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 09:21:39
1 Hi Pengcheng,
2
3 Looks good to me. Looking forward to your UART and init hacks.
4
5 "Pengcheng Xu" <i@××××××××.moe> writes:
6
7 > My daily activities this week sums up as follows:
8 >
9 > April 25: updated local Lineage OS source tree, tried to figure out
10 > reason of compile failure
11
12 > April 26: scrolled back in AOSP compile log to find error, fixed error
13 > by cleaning work directory
14
15 > April 27: successfully compiled ROM package, backed-up old data on
16 > phone
17
18 > April 28: installed fastboot driver on Windows, flashed newest TWRP,
19 > flashed ROM package, tested for functionality
20
21 > April 29: tweaked kernel options (fixing compile errors in the
22 > process), added hook before initramfs generation, set up GitHub repo
23 > forks
24
25 > April 30: blogged about progress, cleaned up bookmarks for articles to
26 > read
27
28 Will you please add the reference articles in your blog post?
29
30 > The blog post that logs the details is at [1].
31 >
32 > Thanks in advance!
33 >
34 > [1]: https://jsteward.moe/weekly-report-0430.html
37 > Some compile errors (such as missing semi-colons and #include's) pop
38 > up as I enable options in kernel config. (This clearly demonstrates
39 > Google's poor code quality :/ ) I've forked the kernel repository on
40 > GitHub to store my changes to the kernel source.
41
42 Is it possible to raise this issue to google?
43
44 e.g. https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/report-bugs
45
46 > As the current stage3 tarballs for arm looks quite outdated
47 > (20161129), I expect that some efforts will be needed to roll it up to
48 > match the most up-to-date portage tree.
49
50 Please open a bug report to remind the ARM team to update stage3
51 tarballs.
52
53 Benda