From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ideas wanted!
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 02:33:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 Welcome back to this year's edition of the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)!
4
5 As you know, GSoC has been a huge benefit to Gentoo by gaining us tons
6 of new contributors as well as being a significant source of income for
7 the Gentoo Foundation and lots of code for Gentoo as a whole.
8
9 Our application is due in a couple of weeks (see FAQ [1]). The most
10 important part of our application is getting lots of good project ideas.
11 I've started a wiki page and put a few ideas on it.
12
13 Please take a look at the ideas list [2], and add one new idea with
14 enough info that someone could decide whether it sounds interesting and
15 get in touch with you to expand it into a full application.
16
17 If you don't have an idea, make it your duty to get one college student
18 you know to apply to Gentoo in GSoC.
19
20 Last year we couldn't even fill all the student slots we had available,
21 in part because we didn't have enough ideas. We need your help! Please
22 submit your idea by next Monday, March 7, so we can refine all the ideas
23 for submission to Google.
26 1. http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs
27 2. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas
30 Thanks,