From: Joachim <jbartosik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Weekly progress report (#1)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:31:18
1 Note: As usually this is slightly modified version of: post [0] on my blog.
2
3 I feel the fifth week of my project was better than weeks 3&4. May be
4 because I finished my exams (I still have some things to do at my
5 Universities but they use far less of my time). I was a few hour behind
6 schedule at end of week 5. I think it was mainly because I severely
7 underestimated time required to switch from fixtures to Factory Girl[1]
8 in tests (it was a simple task but a big one ). I added two features
9 visible from user perspective:
10
11 * Listing of recruits with all questions answered.
12 * Support for mentor comments for recruit answers
13
14 I didn’t finish preparing gem adding OpenID support to Hobo because I
15 need to include taglib and there are problems with including taglibs
16 that come with gems other than Hobo. For details see bug report[2] and
17 discussion[3]. I think I can work around this problem but I wanted to do
18 things I knew I could do first.
19
20 I changed a few things not visible from user perspective:
21
22 * Started using Cucumber[4] for integration testing. I think this
23 will really improve my work. I already had problems because my ap was
24 missing view layer tests and I forgot to check something manually. I
25 didn’t write Cucumber features for already implemented functionalities
26 but I wrote features for all new stories I implemented.
27 * Switched to Factory Girl for tests. And tests have really become
28 better because of that I think.
31 [0] http://ahenobarbi.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/weekly-report-5/
32 [1] http://textmode.at/2008/6/12/factory-girl-rails-fixture-replacement
33 [2]