From: Joachim Bartosik <jbartosik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly progress report (#1)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 09:31:19
1 Note: this is slightly modified version of: post [0] on my blog.
2
3 I’m doing a web application for Gentoo Recruiters team. I’m doing it
4 using Ruby on Rails with Hobo.
5
6 I finished my first week of work. This week’s goal was to get something
7 basic working. This week I’ve completed a few tasks:
8
9 Setting up hobo project. It was pretty basic. I created new hobo
10 application and created .gitignore file.
11
12 Roles for users. User can be recruit, mentor or recruiter or guest. I
13 initially planned to use lifecycle to do it but Hobo allows only users
14 in active state to log in. I made a separate model for role. After that
15 and I noticed Hobo Enum Strings and replaced my Role model with
16 HoboFields::EnumString.for(:recruit, :mentor, :recruiter) . Recruiters
17 (an only recruiters) can be administrators. Administrators can do some
18 things nobody else can.
19
20 Creating new questions. Recruiters can create questions and question
21 categories (which is wrong – only administrators should be allowed to do
22 that). Each question belongs to one category.
23
24 Answering questions. Any user logged in can create an answer. Every
25 answer belongs to a question and is owned by user who created it.
26 Recruiter can give user categories of questions. Users should answer all
27 questions in categories they were assigned. Users can see all questions
28 in categories they were assigned, all questions they answered (including
29 those from other categories) and all questions in categories they were
30 assigned, but they didn’t answer. In all questions listings answered
31 questions are marked.
32
33 Viewing recruit answers. Registered user belongs to mentor (another user
34 with role mentor or recruiter). Mentors can view answers of users they
35 are mentoring. They can see:
36
37 * Answers given by each user they are mentoring.
38 * All answers given by all users they are mentoring.
39 * All answers for questions in each category, given by all users
40 they are mentor.
41
42 Demo. I put application on Heroku.
43
44 Finally a few links:
45
46 Working demo of my work on Heroku:
47 http://morning-winter-26.heroku.com/
48
49 Git repository with my project on overlays.gentoo.org. Accepted commits
50 go there. Once a commit went there you can expect it to stay there:
51 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/recruiting-webapp.git
54 Git repository with my project on github. Commits there get edited a lot
55 before they are pushed to repository on overlays.gentoo.org:
56 http://github.com/ahenobarbi/Gentoo-Recruiters-App
57
58 [0]
59 http://ahenobarbi.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/weekly-report-1-after-first-week-of-work/