From: Oliver Schinagl <oliver@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Upstart Proposal
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:35:45
1 On 03/30/10 19:14, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 03/30/2010 06:53 PM, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hello all,
5 >>
6 >> According to http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/soc/applying.xml one
7 >> should write a proposal and such as here it is!
10 > Actually full proposals are not meant to be sent to this mailing list.
11 > That's what the GSoC web application is for after all. We would like
12 > people to email this list with new ideas so that they don't waste time
13 > writing a full application for something that's never going to get
14 > accepted. If you want someone to review your application before
15 > submitting it to the web application then you can talk to a potential
16 > mentor of your idea.
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Petteri
22 I tried, but the proposal application only lets me put in 500 words,
23 which where far far to little. Hence this way? I also CC-ed the mentor
24 for this project so hopefully I'll get a message from him how to further
25 go with this.
26
27 Oliver