From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Upstart Proposal
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:47:48
1 On 03/30/2010 08:34 PM, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
2 > On 03/30/10 19:14, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> On 03/30/2010 06:53 PM, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Hello all,
6 >>>
7 >>> According to http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/soc/applying.xml one
8 >>> should write a proposal and such as here it is!
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >> Actually full proposals are not meant to be sent to this mailing list.
12 >> That's what the GSoC web application is for after all. We would like
13 >> people to email this list with new ideas so that they don't waste time
14 >> writing a full application for something that's never going to get
15 >> accepted. If you want someone to review your application before
16 >> submitting it to the web application then you can talk to a potential
17 >> mentor of your idea.
18 >>
19 >> Regards,
20 >> Petteri
23 > I tried, but the proposal application only lets me put in 500 words,
24 > which where far far to little. Hence this way? I also CC-ed the mentor
25 > for this project so hopefully I'll get a message from him how to further
26 > go with this.
27 >
28 > Oliver
31 Are you sure that's also applies for Content and not just for Abstract?
32
33 Regards,
34 Petteri