From: Ryan Jones <rmjone21@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC'18 : Interest in "Gentoo CJK Support"
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 19:31:39
1 Hello Gentoo Team,
2
3 My name is Ryan Jones and I am a junior studying Computer Engineering and
4 Chinese at Arizona State University.
5
6 My Experience with Gentoo: I come from an Arch Linux background and made
7 the switch to Gentoo for a few reasons. I wanted to get a deeper
8 understanding of the Linux internals by learning how to manually configure
9 the kernel and build from source. I also like how Gentoo uses OpenRC by
10 default. The Gentoo community has been very helpful and I want to help give
11 back to the community through contribution.
12
13 I am interested in the Gentoo CJK Support Project as it most aligns with my
14 interests. I believe the project would help me explore both areas of study
15 in my university. The project requires C,C++,BASH, and ebuild. I am
16 strongly proficient in C,C++, and BASH. Although I have not used ebuild
17 before, I plan to start currently learning it. I think better CJK support
18 would help with using Gentoo for my Chinese assignments un university.
19
20 Looking forward to learning more from the community.
21
22 Sincerely,
23 Ryan Jones
26 Ryan Jones
27 Student: Arizona State University
28 ID Number: 1208779230
29 Cell Phone: 480-395-7010 <(480)%20395-7010>