From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Framework for automated ebuild generators: final report
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:58:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 summary
4 ~~~~~~~
5
6 I'm working on `Framework for automated ebuild generators [1]. My mentor
7 is Rafael Martins. The aim of this project is to facilitate creation of
8 ebuild-generators for 3d party software providers. For those interested
9 in the advance of a project there is a Kanban board [2] and a
10 git-repository with code [3].
11
12 Final report
13 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
14
15 Status: finished.
16
17 A framework for automated ebuild generators was created as was planned.
18 A developer's documentation can be found at [4]. During the project 3
19 working backends were implemented:
20
21 -- for ELPA repositories of emacs elisp packages
22 -- for CTAN (not so useful, as there is good CTAN suppport in Gentoo,
23 but usable if something is missing in the main tree)
24 -- for PyPI
25
26 A brief user's documentation is available at [5]. Also there are man
27 pages available after installing g-sorcery.
28
29 Usage is simple:
30
31 1. Add jauhien overlay with
32
33 # layman -a jauhien
34
35 2. Emerge app-portage/g-sorcery (note, it depends on
36 app-portage/layman-9999)
37
38 # emerge -va g-sorcery
39
40 3. List available overlays with
41
42 # layman -L
43
44 4. Add a g-sorcery overlay you like (note, there is dependency between
45 overlays)
46
47 # layman -a gnu-elpa -a marmalade
48
49 5. Emerge package you want
50
51 # emerge -va app-emacs/clojure-mode
52
53 Credits. Thanks to:
54
55 -- Rafael Martins for mentoring
56 -- Brian Dolbec for lots of advices
57 -- Denis Dupeyron for general coordination
58 -- Auke Booij for implementing during GSoC 2010 idea that I found
59 interesting and that inspired me to work on ebuild generation
60 -- anybody from Gentoo community who helped with answers to my
61 questions (not only during this GSoC ;-) )
62
63 Also I would like to know if somebody wants a backend for any repository
64 type. At the moment I'm planning to have a look at Leiningen packaging
65 system as I have plans to do some work with Clojure.
66
67 [1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/jauhien/17001
68
69 [2]