From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 10
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:24:16
1 Hello fordfrog,
2
3 Miroslav Šulc <fordfrog@g.o> 于2020年8月10日周一 下午3:53写道:
4 >
5 > hi,
6 >
7 > i really like the progress and what your code can already do though i
8 > think we really lack in testing as there are still many issues with the
9 > overlay, or at least it is my impression atm.
10 The overlay is incomplete. There are around 50 pkgs that cannot build
11 so I need to install a binary jar, and nearly all of the pkgs are lack
12 of testing.
13
14 > i think the two of us (Zohgyu and me) should do more testing and cleanup
15 > of the overlay before it makes sense to let others test it aswell.
16 >
17 > Zongyu, we are slowly coming to the end of the project, so i would like
18 > to know what is still left to be able to call the project finished.
19 > could you please make a list of those items?
20
21 Here is a TODO list: [1].
22
23 imo, there are a few features left for java-ebuilder and
24 java-pkg-simple, include detecting the need of tools.jar and the
25 support of junit-5 platform. But they are not urgent, because only a
26 few pkgs need tools.jar and there is no dev-java/junit:5 in Gentoo
27 repository now.
28 Most of the work left is to test the code and to pass the review of
29 java-pkg-simple.eclass.
30
31 But there is still a lot of troubles to deal with the overlay, I am
32 not sure whether the overlay will complete by the end of this month.
33
34 > also, i would like to know
35 > which eclasses you plan to pass to the review as you have 4 of them in
36 > the spark-overlay.
37
38 Java-pkg-simple.eclass is the only one.
39
40 Since we do not think maven-central is a good upstream,
41 java-pkg-maven.eclass is not that important. While
42 java-pkg-simple-plugins.eclass is designed to compile *.scala and *.kt
43 files, it could be important, but it has a long way to go. So I do not
44 have a plan to pass them to the review.
45
46 > thank you for your work!
47 >
48 > regards.