From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Use the tools to make changes to code ( following the Gentoo Soc instructions)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:20:57
1 On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 03/30/2010 02:47 PM, Auke Booij wrote:
4 > > It's usually a good idea to test if your patch actually applies...
5 > > Also, why didn't you use the tools built into git to generate the
6 > > patch?
9 > The social norm in Gentoo mailing lists is bottom posting. See
10 > http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
11 >
12 > And indeed for everyone taking their first steps I recommend reading one
13 > of the tutorials online about git. For example:
14 >
15 > http://book.git-scm.com/
16 >
17 > The answer how to send patches to a mailing list like this can also be
18 > found in that online book.
19 >
20 > Regards,
21 > Petteri
24 I didn't know about bottom posting. Sorry for bother you all and thanks for
25 telling me about it.
29 Best wishes,
30 Mu Qiao