From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 5
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:59:03
1 Hello,
2
3 > i just would like to bring to your attention the content of
4 > ~/.java-ebuilder/cache. it contains all packages that are based at least
5 > on one of java eclasses, and those eclasses are also listed at the end
6 > of each row. might help you to find all packages that are java packages,
7 > even outside dev-java/ category.
8
9 Thanks for the notice. Previously I believed that those categories
10 other than dev-java/ and java-virtuals/* are not likely to exist in
11 the database of Maven, so I ignored them last week. I will fill in the
12 blank of non-dev-java packages this week.
13
14 >> https://github.com/gentoo/java-ebuilder/blob/master/scripts/meta.sh
15 > this seems to be a really clever idea :-)
16
17 This helped me a lot. Last week, I started with the preliminary cache
18 generated by meta.sh.
19
20 > generally, using `git commit -s ...` adds the required line on new
21 > commits. you can also rebase your commit messages ( `git rebase -i
22 > c3b197f0e69c06f58f982f8d8dd16c88e2d5d518`) and push the commits again
23 > afaik.
24
25 Sorry for the mistake I have made, and I will rebase the repository.
26
27 > javax/xml/bind is part of jdk:8 but was dropped later and is not present
28 > in jdk:11 anymore which causes some packages to fail to compile against
29 > jdk:11 (you can easily check with something like this: `for jdk in
30 > icedtea:8 openjdk:8 openjdk:11; do echo; echo $jdk; for jar in $(query
31 > files $jdk | grep -E ".*\.jar$"); do echo $jar; unzip -l $jar | grep
32 > javax/xml/bind; done; done`). you have to have those jdk installed
33 > before running this command.
34
35 Thanks for the information. So it seems that I do not need concern
36 about jaxb, and I can just set the proper classpath to make use of
37 JAXB stuffs instead. Maybe I will need to add a variable (e.g.
38 JAVA_NEEDS_RUNTIME) to control it.
39
40 > do these work with java-pkg-simple.eclass as is in the tree or it needs
41 > your updated eclass?
42
43 The class is modified by me. It can be found here[1]. The major
44 differences are the way to process JAVA_*_CLASSPATH variables and a
45 new variable called "JAVA_NEEDS_TOOLS".
46
47 > getting the changes in the eclass into the main tree requires review and approval by devs.
48
49 Is it correct that I should trigger the review via bugs.gentoo.org?
50
51 > also, before getting the ebuilds into the tree, i would really like to
52 > see an automated test to verify that the content of our jar files
53 > matches the content of the maven repo jar files. without this, we might
54 > get issues because of missing resources and maybe even other causes.
55
56 Currently, I do not have a clear way of reaching the goal...
57 A preliminary thought is to maintain a modified version of java-pkg-simple.
58 The modified eclass will automatically compare the files in postinst phase.
59 I will try to work out it this week.
60
61 > one more note. i noticed in your overlay you have only the ebuild files
62 > but the rest of the required files are missing. generally, you need to
63 > provide metadata.xml file for each package and need to run `repoman
64 > manifest` for each package. also, you have to run `repoman full` and
65 > also can run `pkgcheck scan` for each package to catch all issues that
66 > can be caught this way.
67
68 Got you, I will add the missing files.
69
70 Regards,
71 Zhang Zongyu
72