From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 5
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:26:57
1 Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> do these work with java-pkg-simple.eclass as is in the tree or it needs
4 >> your updated eclass?
5 >
6 > The class is modified by me. It can be found here[1]. The major
7 > differences are the way to process JAVA_*_CLASSPATH variables and a
8 > new variable called "JAVA_NEEDS_TOOLS".
9 >
10 >> getting the changes in the eclass into the main tree requires review and approval by devs.
11 >
12 > Is it correct that I should trigger the review via bugs.gentoo.org?
13
14 Initiate the eclass patch review by starting a thread in
15 gentoo-dev@l.g.o. `git format-patch` and `git send-email` are good
16 tools for this purpose.
17
18 >> also, before getting the ebuilds into the tree, i would really like to
19 >> see an automated test to verify that the content of our jar files
20 >> matches the content of the maven repo jar files. without this, we might
21 >> get issues because of missing resources and maybe even other causes.
22
23 > Currently, I do not have a clear way of reaching the goal...
24 > A preliminary thought is to maintain a modified version of java-pkg-simple.
25 > The modified eclass will automatically compare the files in postinst phase.
26 > I will try to work out it this week.
27
28 I think src_test() is better than pkg_postinst().
29
30 Benda