From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Introducing Myself
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 23:58:54
1 Hey Prannoy,
2
3 Prannoy Pilligundla <prannoy.bits@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I would love to code in Java or Python.I was going through last year's
6 > GSoC ideas and found an idea interesting
7 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas/Live_commit_
8 > notification I would love to start work on this idea if someone is
9 > ready to guide me in this
10
11 There is a contact on the page, you can ask Agostino how the project
12 goes and if he will mentor the project this year.
13
14 > bugs.gentoo.org has loads of them waiting for your help =)
15 >
16 > I actually went though the bugzilla but i couldn't find any
17 > classification based on the difficulty.I basically wanted to fix some
18 > beginner level(easy) bugs. So,i had asked for guidance
19
20 Are you a Gentoo user already? if not, install one and get familiar with
21 it. The installation itself is good education of a GNU/Linux
22 combo. There won't be much motivation unless you invite Gentoo as a part
23 of your daily life.
24
25 Hard/easiness of a bug is relative and mostly irrelavent. There are only
26 un/important un/interesting bugs to yourself. You gain the taste by
27 actually using Gentoo.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Benda