From: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:11:22
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 As gcc needed glibc version 2.29, I started emerging it with its
4 dependencies and also by adding required use flags. But it built a glibc
5 that doesn’t work and failed sanity checks. So, I changed the profile to
6 default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop and added gcc, glibc to packages.provided
7 which overcame the problem of circular dependencies.
8
9 Then, It needed perl package, So I had to cross compile it using crossdev.
10 At last, I zipped the toolchain directory, copied to crOS and unzipped it.
11 But it failed as it had less space on its root partition. I referred a
12 script called chromeos-resize.sh and learnt things that was required. It
13 successfully extended the root partition.
14 [1] Blog : https://zshzero.github.io/blog/gsoc/week3
15 --
16 - Regards
17