From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 14:04:00
1 Hi Ashwin,
2
3 Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > As gcc needed glibc version 2.29,
6
7 Which gcc requires glibc-2.29. Could you elaborate on that?
8
9 > I started emerging it with its dependencies and also by adding
10 > required use flags. But it built a glibc that doesn’t work and failed
11 > sanity checks. So, I changed the profile to
12 > default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop
13
14 I am concerned that if you use this profile, the system will not be a
15 chromebook anymore.
16
17 > and added gcc, glibc to packages.provided which overcame the problem
18 > of circular dependencies.
19 >
20 > Then, It needed perl package, So I had to cross compile it using
21 > crossdev.
22
23 (from your blog)
24 > After all this, perl package failed to emerge by giving an error that it
25 > couldn’t cross-compile perl. I asked on IRC Channel and they asked me to
26 > find the right version of perl to emerge which is compatible perl-cross
27
28 > x86_64-cros-linux-gnu-emerge -av1 =dev-lang/perl-5.30.1
29
30 Where are you compiling perl? Why do you need to cross compile perl? I
31 am completely confused.
32
33 > At last, I zipped the toolchain directory, copied to crOS and unzipped
34 > it. But it failed as it had less space on its root partition. I
35 > referred a script called chromeos-resize.sh and learnt things that was
36 > required. It successfully extended the root partition.
37
38 (from your blog)
39 > Similarly as above, Missing USE flag 'amd64' So, added amd64 use flag
40 > under IUSE_IMPLICIT variable to
41 > /etc/portage/make.profile/make.defaults
42
43 > IUSE_IMPLICIT="abi_x86_64 prefix prefix-guest kernel_linux amd64"
44
45 This is wrong. 'amd64' is a Gentoo KEYWORD, do not mix it with USE.
46 Please look for ACCEPT_KEYWORDS in the profile. Refer to,
47
48 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
51 Benda