From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 05:05:43
1 On 20/07/14 12:05PM, Pengcheng Xu wrote:
2 > Outlook just crashed while sending the reply, so bear with me if you see multiple copies of this; I'll try to find something more robust once I have the time.
3
4 > > The next two weeks will be focused on that. I will be setting up an ARM
5 > > based VPS. Once we are through with natively compiling Android, I plan
6 > > to separate LLVM/Clang toolchain along with Bionic from the AOSP
7 > > codebase, Bionic here being the tricky part.
8 >
9 > Just to confirm, you're trying to get a ARM machine for something that's more commodious and faster to work with, right? Otherwise you could just use the phone itself...
10
11 Yes, exactly. The only breaking factor is the storage I have in my
12 phone, which is not even capabale of syncing the llvm_android repo
13 (around 15+ gigs due to dependencies).
16 Regards,
17 Gunwant