From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 04:05:44
1 Outlook just crashed while sending the reply, so bear with me if you see multiple copies of this; I'll try to find something more robust once I have the time.
2
3 > -----Original Message-----
4 > From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
5 > Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:09 AM
6 > To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
7 > Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
8 >
9 > Hello Everyone,
10 >
11 > Like I mentioned in my previous off-timed weekly report, I had been
12 > working on studying Android's Build Process this week.
13 >
14 > I have published a blog [1] regarding the same (most of it is just
15 > confirmed workflows). I also laid a plan on how to approach building
16 > Android on aarch64 host.
17 >
18 > The next two weeks will be focused on that. I will be setting up an ARM
19 > based VPS. Once we are through with natively compiling Android, I plan
20 > to separate LLVM/Clang toolchain along with Bionic from the AOSP
21 > codebase, Bionic here being the tricky part.
22
23 Just to confirm, you're trying to get a ARM machine for something that's more commodious and faster to work with, right? Otherwise you could just use the phone itself...
26 > Regards,
27 > Gunwant
28 >
29 > [1] https://wantguns.gitlab.io/blog/android/build_android/
30
31 You're generally in good shape; keep up the awesome work!
32
33 Regards,
34 --
35 Pengcheng Xu
36 https://jsteward.moe

openpgp-digital-signature.asc application/pgp-signature