From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Auto dependency builder progress report. Week 5.
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:20:11
1 On 29-06-2011 13:28:45 +0600, Александр Берсенев wrote:
2 > Then I began to log all environment variables and find then someone
3 > changes my LOG_SOCKET variable during "prerm" stage. I renamed it to
4 > LOG_SOCKET_<LONG_STRING> in all sources hoping this is a
5 > name-collision. But variable continues changing its value. The most
6 > interesting fact: value was changing to another valid socket name, for
7 > example from "/tmp/tmpFSDhf/socket_for_logging" to
8 > "/tmp/tmpHDvJ5/socket_for_logging". But nobody listened
9 > "/tmp/tmpHDvJ5/socket_for_logging". I started to believe in the higher
10 > powers in this moment because last socket file was created five days
11 > ago and notebook has been rebooted several times these days.
12 >
13 > But the explanation was simple: portage system remembers all
14 > environment variables while installing a package and restores them
15 > while removing this package!!
16
17 You can add your variable(s) to a white/blacklist in the code that saves
18 the environment.
19 Check save_ebuild_env() in isolated-functions.sh.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level