From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Pallav Agarwal <pallavagarwal07@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2016: Continuous stabilization of Gentoo
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:38:44
1 Hi Pallav,
2
3 Pallav Agarwal <pallavagarwal07@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Moreover, since infrastructure is expensive, this computation can also
6 > be done in a distributed fashion, running the jobs on computers of
7 > volunteers willing to contribute some computation time using a
8 > software like BOINC. Once this is done, it should be possible to have
9 > stabilization requests resolved in almost no time at all.
10
11 I am curious if BOINC could handle a minimal gentoo installation for
12 building tasks. That would be quite large to download a stage3.
13
14 Also, I am not sure if tinderbox relates to this proposal and solves
15 part of the tasks you listed. Have you made a survey on tinderbox
16 before?
17
18 Benda