From: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
To: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 07:23:10
1 Hi,
2
3 > What prevents you from using Gentoo native toolchain binary package?
4 When I tried to emerge binary package, crOS was missing make and patch
5 which again puts in circular dependencies.
6
7 > Why is crosstool necessary?
8 Crosstool-ng produces toolchain directory and can just be moved to crOS
9 (easier than building packages individually)
10
11 -- Cheers
12 Ashwin A Kumar
13