From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 08:24:02
1 Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> What prevents you from using Gentoo native toolchain binary package?
4 > When I tried to emerge binary package, crOS was missing make and patch
5 > which again puts in circular dependencies.
6
7 No, Gentoo binary packages do not need make and patch. Please study:
8
9 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
10
11 >> Why is crosstool necessary?
12
13 > Crosstool-ng produces toolchain directory and can just be moved to
14 > crOS (easier than building packages individually)
15
16 Does the resulting cross toolchain work for you?
17
18 On CrOS we are building natively, why a cross toolchain is needed?
19
20 Benda