From: Ishan Khare <ishankhare07@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Introduction
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 20:33:27
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm Ishan Khare, a student of Computer Science in Lakshmi Narain College of
4 Technology, Bhopal, India; Currently in my 4th and final year.
5
6 I have applied to the project `Synchronization of mails` under the
7 OfflineIMAP/IMAPfw project under the gentoo foundation. This is to enable
8 syncing of emails between an `IMAP server` and a local `Maildir`
9 repository, between Maildir and Maildir repositories etc. Currently the
10 `OfflineIMAP` project possesses this capability and the `imapfw` is
11 designed to succeed the former as a `framework`. By the end of GSOC,
12 following points are to be achieved:
13
14 1. High-level IMAP layer using the `imaplib3` library.
15 2. A new backend cache (state).
16 3. A low-level driver for Maildir.
17 4. A 3-way / 2-way merge engine.
18
19 I have contributed to the RbKit <http://rbkit.codemancers.com/> project,
20 which is a GUI profiler for Ruby as part of an internship. My regular
21 operating system is Ubuntu, but I'm looking forward to jumping into gentoo
22 - given the customization it provides and certainly trying something other
23 than debian. Looking forward to interacting with all of you in the
24 community. Regards, Ishan