From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: Ishan Khare <ishankhare07@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net, abdo.roig@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Introduction
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 01:36:28
1 Hi Ishan,
2 Cc Nicolas, Abdó,
3
4 Ishan Khare <ishankhare07@×××××.com> writes:
5
6 > I'm Ishan Khare, a student of Computer Science in Lakshmi Narain
7 > College of Technology, Bhopal, India; Currently in my 4th and final
8 > year.
9
10 Welcome!
11
12 > I have applied to the project `Synchronization of mails` under the
13 > OfflineIMAP/IMAPfw project under the gentoo foundation. This is to
14 > enable syncing of emails between an `IMAP server` and a local `Maildir
15 > ` repository, between Maildir and Maildir repositories etc. Currently
16 > the `OfflineIMAP` project possesses this capability and the `imapfw`
17 > is designed to succeed the former as a `framework`. By the end of
18 > GSOC, following points are to be achieved:
19 >
20 > 1 High-level IMAP layer using the `imaplib3` library.
21 >
22 > 2 A new backend cache (state).
23 >
24 > 3 A low-level driver for Maildir.
25 >
26 > 4 A 3-way / 2-way merge engine.
27
28 Though I find the summer of code ideas at
29
30 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2016/Ideas#imapfw.2C_the_next_mail_framework
31
32 Does imapfw have anything related to Gentoo?
33
34 Benda