From: Antoine Pinsard <antoine.pinsard@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Project Proposal : GenCC for "Gentoo Community Compiling"
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:39:29
1 On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 22:03 +0800, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 > So, how do you handle people being evil? What happens if my genccd
3 > always returns 0-byte files? what if it adds random things to execute
4 > code on the user's system?
5 >
6 > How do you manage to get a precise environment (including useflags,
7 > correct gcc version, ...) onto the compile host? Wouldn't that be slower
8 > than building it locally?
11 I thought about these kind of issue but not about solutions yet. I give
12 me a few days to think about it and maybe find a beginning of solution.
13
14 I know this kind of cross-computing is more and more done in research
15 and development. So maybe I can figure out how they deal with these
16 issues.
17
18 Regards,
19