From: Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Graphical portage front-end
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:38:43
1 In short, I agree with Tucold. Some sort of X-independant but aware (thinking curses here) front end to portage + glsa-checks + ability to select another install root (and throw in neworked eclean while at it) come to mind... I could see this as a useful front end to portage for, ie: managing multiple system images on say, the master node of a cluster ;) If one wants to be really neat feature to such an interface, the ability to install the same package onto multiple roots simultaneously.
2
3 ...my 2c.
4
5 Eric Thibodeau