From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Interest on Portage powered Android - GSoC 2018 Ideas
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 09:03:08
1 Hi Pengcheng,
2
3 Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe> writes:
4
5 > I’m a undergraduate student current studying Computer Science at
6 > Peking University, China, and I’d been using Gentoo (on my laptop and
7 > a good old SPARC server with Gentoo Linux as well as Gentoo Prefix on
8 > Mac) and playing with Android for pretty long. One of 2018 GSoC Ideas,
9 > namely Portage powered Android [1], seems to be very interesting for
10 > me.
11
12 Glad to have your interest!
13
14 > My current ideas on the topic is much the same as heroxbd as listed on
15 > the ideas page. We have discussed this as well. With my current
16 > experience with Gentoo (Linux and Prefix), I believe that I can handle
17 > this project with work and, perhaps, some research.
18
19 Though there are several months before application, you can start
20 drafting a proposal and collect feedbacks from gentoo-alt@l.g.o or
21 #gentoo-prefix. At the same time, you can demonstrate your hacking
22 skills by fixing some long standing bugs, for example #543744. Both
23 will benefit the chance of your application to be selected and admitted.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Benda