From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Luis Araujo <araujo@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] ventoo weekly report
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 03:33:45
1 I was away last week and as such was a little busier than usual this
2 week. Still, I got some ventoo work done. I'm working on one of the two
3 last major features of Ventoo: Smart Completion. As the user enters text
4 into Ventoo I wanted Ventoo to be able to tell the user immediately if
5 the input was valid or not as well a suggest valid completions. Gtk
6 comes with text completion utilities that I wanted to use for this
7 project. Turns out that you can't associate a completion object with a
8 TextRenderer in a TreeView widget. I tried to hack in completion with
9 custom edit callbacks but I was not able to get it working smoothly. I'm
10 currently speaking with my mentor about alternatives.
11
12 On the bright side I have the backend all figured out, just need to let
13 the user see the data in a convenient fashion.