From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Progress: Porting Relibc to gentoo
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 07:31:24
1 On 19/07/2020 22:42, Ahmed Soliman wrote:
2 > So this week has been full of new stuff, I have finally have a clean
3 > implementation for a memory allocation model based on mspaces that
4 > fixes the old issue where we had two identical copies of malloc
5 > accessing the same brk(), without sharing metadata at [1].
6 >
7 > I also finalized my dlopen dlsym and dlclose implementation you can
8 > find it at [2]
9 >
10 > And I fixed an old bug regarding TLS resolving (I attempted fixing it
11 > before but it seems that my old fix was not working) at [3].
12 >
13 > Unfortunately, that is not enough for GCC to compile with relibc based
14 > binutils; there are still more bugs, but with every step we are
15 > getting closer..
16 >
17 > Thanks
18 > Ahmed.
19 >
20 > [1] https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/relibc/-/merge_requests/295
21 > [2] https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/relibc/-/merge_requests/290
22 > [3] https://gitlab.redox-os.org/redox-os/relibc/-/merge_requests/294
25 Please make sure to track what features were missing from the beginning
26 till now :)
27
28 It will be quite important in the future.
29
30 lu