From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 15:03:04
1 On 20/07/24 10:08PM, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > > This week, I started managing the structure for the modified LineageOS
5 > > fork we would keep. Namely the modified `repo-manifest` [1] and
6 > > `llvm_android` [2], for now. No patches have been applied to them yet
7 > > for the reasons discussed below.
8 > >
9 > > My plan for this week was to start with patching the `llvm_android`
10 > > build scripts. Android uses a prebuilt Clang (bundled with the repo)
11 > > among other stuff to build the toolchain. So I had to emerge Clang on my
12 > > phone.
13 > > Emerging Clang turned out not to be a breeze when I have a phone with 3
14 > > gigs of RAM. So for about the longest time, I was busy trying to make up
15 > > for it. I tried setting up distcc, increased swap/zram, but still the
16 > > OOM killer got me.
17 > > Later last night(/day), I came across the tips for building clang/gcc in
18 > > an embedded Android environment at [3]. So I followed that and as of
19 > > now, me writing the mail, OOM has not got me, Clang is emerging.
20 >
21 > Did it finally go through?
22
23 Yes it did.
24 I can also report that llvm_android's stage1 clang is compiled for
25 aarch64, I am on the stage2 step currently.
28 Regards,
29 Gunwant