From: UnderSampled <undersampled@××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:07:46
1 You may find this useful: https://glodroid.github.io/
2 This is a modern AOSP tree for OrangePi, RaspberryPi, and Pine64 devices. That includes the Pinebook and PinePhone: https://www.pine64.org/.
3
4 I can get you one of these devices if you think it could help.
5
6 We should definitely consider targeting a build of Shark Bait for the PinePhone.
9 On July 24, 2020 11:02:57 AM EDT, Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> wrote:
10 >On 20/07/24 10:08PM, Benda Xu wrote:
11 >> Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
12 >>
13 >> > This week, I started managing the structure for the modified
14 >LineageOS
15 >> > fork we would keep. Namely the modified `repo-manifest` [1] and
16 >> > `llvm_android` [2], for now. No patches have been applied to them
17 >yet
18 >> > for the reasons discussed below.
19 >> >
20 >> > My plan for this week was to start with patching the `llvm_android`
21 >> > build scripts. Android uses a prebuilt Clang (bundled with the
22 >repo)
23 >> > among other stuff to build the toolchain. So I had to emerge Clang
24 >on my
25 >> > phone.
26 >> > Emerging Clang turned out not to be a breeze when I have a phone
27 >with 3
28 >> > gigs of RAM. So for about the longest time, I was busy trying to
29 >make up
30 >> > for it. I tried setting up distcc, increased swap/zram, but still
31 >the
32 >> > OOM killer got me.
33 >> > Later last night(/day), I came across the tips for building
34 >clang/gcc in
35 >> > an embedded Android environment at [3]. So I followed that and as
36 >of
37 >> > now, me writing the mail, OOM has not got me, Clang is emerging.
38 >>
39 >> Did it finally go through?
40 >
41 >Yes it did.
42 >I can also report that llvm_android's stage1 clang is compiled for
43 >aarch64, I am on the stage2 step currently.
46 >Regards,
47 >Gunwant
50 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.