From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Intelligent distfile fetcher
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:03:48
1 On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 11:34 -0600, ryan winkelmaier wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > I'm just now finishing up a rough draft for my application for the
5 > Intelligent Distfiles fetcher. Currently right now I am planning to
6 > use mainly p2p with options to use regular http fetch if speeds aren't
7 > ideal or the user doesn't wish to use p2p.
8 >
9 > Before I completely finish I was wondering if I could get everyones
10 > input on what they would like to see in a file fetcher?
11
12 I would like the p2p version to do pre-fetching of distfiles based on my
13 current system/world contents and my currently synced tree. This means
14 that the files are there when I start emerging, but it also means that
15 the files will be seeded much more widely and quickly in the p2p
16 network.
17
18 Kind regards,
19