From: ryan winkelmaier <syfran92@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Intelligent distfile fetcher
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:12:43
1 Thanks, for the input.
2
3 After thinking through what you said some more I believe I understand what
4 you are proposing (sorry for the hasty response before).
5
6 A daemon the can run in the background and attempts to predict packages you
7 might install in the future. Building a program (run on a server) to
8 "recommend" packages based on what other users have installed. Please
9 correct me if I am wrong.
10
11 I love the idea but given my experience, I do not see how I could work it
12 into the project (I would love to try if you have any advice on integrating
13 it).
14
15 This is something I would like to work on however so maybe I'll look into
16 doing it over the school year or next summer.
17
18 On a side note, I noticed you help with the gtk-gnutella project. I'm
19 leaning towards using it (daemonized and topless) as the p2p client. Whats
20 your opinion on this?
21
22 Thanks,
23