From: "Miroslav Šulc" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 6
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 05:03:48
1 Dne 13. 07. 20 v 5:20 Zhang Zongyu napsal(a):
2 > Miroslav Šulc <fordfrog@g.o> 于2020年7月12日周日 下午11:59写道:
3 >> hi Zhongyu,
4 >>
5 >> thank you for the report! looks like a nice progress to me :-) is there
6 >> anything i could help you with?
7 > I think we may discuss about how to compare locally compiles jars and
8 > binjars, and how to emerge kotlin, scala and lombok source files.
9
10 there are tools that could help with the comparison:
11 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Java_Developer_Guide#Java_API_Check
12
13 imo there are two checks needed:
14 1) check whether the api is the same both for our binary and upstream
15 binary (that verifies no code is missing)
16 2) check whether all needed resources are included in our binary (that
17 verifies that all resources needed for runtime will be available)
18
19 there might also be changes in the manifest file but those might not be
20 that important in most cases imo
21
22 >> wrt java-virtuals/*, there was a request (from mgorny iirc) to get rid
23 >> of java-virtuals/*. imo the logic of java-virtuals should be preserved,
24 >> but the virtuals should be placed under dev-java/ and use a naming
25 >> template like this:
26 >>
27 >> virtual = dev-java/servlet-api
28 >> implementations = dev-java/tomcat-servlet-api,
29 >> dev-java/glassfish-servlet-api etc.
30 >>
31 >> also, is java-pkg-simple.eclass ready for the main tree? and if so, did
32 >> you consider to go through the review process of the eclass? it might
33 >> take some time to get through the process so it might be good to start
34 >> the process soon to not be blocked by the process later.
35 > Currently, there are few differences between the main tree version and
36 > the one in my overlay.
37 > Functions to deal with JAVA_RESOURCES and JAVA_TEST_SRC_DIR do not
38 > appear in java-pkg-simple now.
39 > I am not sure whether I should go through the review now, because
40 > there isn't so much progress for java-pkg-simple.
41 > So maybe I will not go through the review this week.
42 >
43 >> i also just pushed your commits to the main java-ebuilder repo.
44 >>
45 >> thank you for your work and best regards!
46 >>
47 >> miroslav
50 > Regards,
51 > Zhang Zongyu