From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Week 1 Report for Refining ROCm Packages in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 08:35:28
1 > Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o> writes:
2
3 > >> At last I came to a new hipvars.pm and a patch to hipcc.pl, disabling
4 > >> poisoning `-isystem` and correcting many paths. Now directly calling
5 > >> hipcc works, and blender rendered successfully using HIP cycles!
6 > >
7 > > Have you summarized all the modification in bug reports and/or pull
8 > > requests?
9
10 > The summary of bug reports in week 1:
11 > 1. 822828, 693200, 851702, 842405, 842405
12
13 > The summary of closed pull requests during week 1:
14 > 1. https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/25861
15
16 You are not answering my question. My original comment was only on the
17 severe issue of hipcc 'isystem'. Although you mentioned "I came to a
18 new hipvars.pm and a patch to hipcc.pl, disabling poisoning `-isystem`
19 and correcting many paths", I cannot see any fix pushed into ::gentoo.
20 Otherwise we won't be bitten by bug 853184.
21
22 This is a situation you should avoid at all cost in the future.
23
24 Yours,
25 Benda