From: Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Congratulations!
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 04:11:45
1 On 14:19 Mon 24 Aug , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 14:02 Mon 24 Aug , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Congratulations to all of you who successfully passed your final
4 > > evaluations! You've worked hard, and we really appreciate everything
5 > > you've done to make it this far.
6 > >
7 > > We'd love to feature your projects in a summary of this year's GSoC for
8 > > Gentoo, which could show up on the main Gentoo homepage as well as the
9 > > Google Open Source blog. If you're interested in getting some free
10 > > publicity, please send a short (1-2 paragraphs, 3-5 sentences each)
11 > > summary of your project and why it matters to this list in response to
12 > > my email. I'll put together the responses into the complete summary.
13 >
14 > Oh yeah, it would also be really useful to know the status of your code.
15 > Is it already integrated into Gentoo, what's the plans for integrating
16 > it if not, etc.
17
18 Hi,
19
20 hope it's not too late. I was away for a few days.
21
22 Let me try the summary:
23 Collagen is an automated build system for Gentoo aiming to create
24 database of package metadata, content and other information. This
25 database can be queried through web frontend built on top of Django
26 framework. Because of this, Collagen is database agnostic. As such
27 it also provides features to improve quality of Gentoo ebuilds by
28 testing different combinations of package dependencies. Collagen
29 still needs a lot of testing and polishing, but it already found
30 some faulty ebuilds. I also have a few ideas for future improvements
31 that I didn't include for now.
32
33 It is currently not deployed anywhere on Gentoo infrastructure, but
34 I plan to negotiate some testing machine where a lot of compilations
35 would not disturb normal operations :-)
36
37 Enjoy your day/evening/night,
40 Stanislav Ochotnicky
41 Working for Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org
42 Implementing Tree-wide collision checking and provided files database
43 http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/show/collision-database
44 Blog: http://inputvalidation.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
47 jabber: sochotnicky@×××××.com
48 icq: 74274152