From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 03:15:35
1 On 20/06/30 08:37PM, EBo wrote:
2 > There are many places that people post questions/answers. I know of one
3 > group that almost exclusively use StackOverflow. Others various gentoo
4 > forums (see: https://forums.gentoo.org/). It is really up to you and your
5 > preferences. That said it needs to be indexed and searchable. Can you
6 > guarantee that your personal blog be around for the next decade (a
7 > reasonable life expectancy for such a project)? I am simply suggesting
8 > posting overviews/FAQ's in venues that we can expect to have around for many
9 > years and be searchable by google, etc.
10
11 I can assure you that my blogs are not going anywhere anytime soon.
12 <I am avidly thinking of going on a complete self-hosting journey once
13 I am done with GSoC>
14 Besides that, I even plan to use those blogs later for a better
15 sustained medium like the Gentoo wiki. If necessary, we could also have
16 some community interaction like you suggested on the Gentoo forums.
17
18 > I have to be very careful here. Even moderately decent documentation is a
19 > LOT of work, and I know of people literally writing documents full time for
20 > very good pay. I could make some suggestions, and it could take so much
21 > time and derail other efforts that would be your mentor's priority. I do
22 > not want to cause any issues by interjecting comments from time to time.
23 > Also, it will be months or more before I will have enough breakout time to
24 > give this a real shot for install/use.
25
26 I think I understand your concern, and let me reassure you that I am not
27 getting done with this project after GSoC ends. That being said, I think
28 it would be best if we focus on the community work once I get over with
29 my GSoC obligations.
30
31 I'll be happy to respond to more queries.
32
33 Regards,
34 Gunwant