From: Christopher Harvey <chris@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Welcome, GSoC students!
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:05:49
1 On 05/14/10 11:04, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 >
3 > Project Websites
4 > ================
5 >
6 > We highly recommend having a centralized location for information about
7 > you and your project, and Trac is an ideal way to do that. We are happy
8 > to set up Trac instances for your project, so it has an online home
9 > where people can go to learn more about it. This will provide you with a
10 > homepage, a wiki, a timeline, and possibly integration with your source
11 > code.
12 >
13 > To have Trac set up, contact Patrick Lauer (patrick@g.o) with
14 > details about your project. The Trac instance should have the same name
15 > as your repository, if possible. Discuss with your mentor whether Trac
16 > is something you need.
17 >
18 I understand (from some conversations on IRC) that it is preferred that
19 websites go on gentoo infra. My project is a user application, and
20 exists only in vcs atm. It needs a website. I'd create one myself (as
21 others have done) but I thought I'd run it by this channel first. Is
22 there a place for students to host html? If not I don't mind hosting it
23 until gentoo finds a place. It is still a minor project after all.
26 My GnuPGP key at:
27 www.basementcode.com/public_key.txt