From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Welcome, GSoC students!
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:18:07
1 On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 02:05:18PM -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
2 > I understand (from some conversations on IRC) that it is preferred that
3 > websites go on gentoo infra. My project is a user application, and
4 > exists only in vcs atm. It needs a website. I'd create one myself (as
5 > others have done) but I thought I'd run it by this channel first. Is
6 > there a place for students to host html? If not I don't mind hosting it
7 > until gentoo finds a place. It is still a minor project after all.
8 For while you're students, you can create an public_html in your homedir
9 on the shell server, and access it as follows:
10 http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~${USERNAME}/
11 eg:
12 http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/
13
14 Beyond that, if you have it in a repo of it's own, we can easily deploy
15 it elsewhere in Gentoo later in summer.
16 eg:
17 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/
18
19 However, depending on the level of integration with Gentoo, I would
20 suggest you focus on writing the content (plain text or Python's ReST)
21 and contact the documentation team to see about getting it on the main
22 www.gentoo.org website.
23
24 I haven't got the shell-server activated for GuideXML serving presently,
25 but I can if there is a demand for it.
28 Robin Hugh Johnson
29 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
30 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
31 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85