From: Luis Araujo <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Welcome, GSoC students!
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:29:01
1 On 05/24/2010 05:17 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 02:05:18PM -0400, Christopher Harvey wrote:
3 >
4 >> I understand (from some conversations on IRC) that it is preferred that
5 >> websites go on gentoo infra. My project is a user application, and
6 >> exists only in vcs atm. It needs a website. I'd create one myself (as
7 >> others have done) but I thought I'd run it by this channel first. Is
8 >> there a place for students to host html? If not I don't mind hosting it
9 >> until gentoo finds a place. It is still a minor project after all.
10 >>
11 > For while you're students, you can create an public_html in your homedir
12 > on the shell server, and access it as follows:
13 > http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~${USERNAME}/
14 > eg:
15 > http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/
16 >
17 > Beyond that, if you have it in a repo of it's own, we can easily deploy
18 > it elsewhere in Gentoo later in summer.
19 > eg:
20 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/
21 >
22 > However, depending on the level of integration with Gentoo, I would
23 > suggest you focus on writing the content (plain text or Python's ReST)
24 > and contact the documentation team to see about getting it on the main
25 > www.gentoo.org website.
26 >
27 > I haven't got the shell-server activated for GuideXML serving presently,
28 > but I can if there is a demand for it.
31 Hi Christopher,
32
33 Feel free to upload your web site design when you can , I am looking
34 forward to it :)
35
36 Regards,