From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android: Summary for 2013.8.26-9.8
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 05:16:55
1 Dear all,
2
3 Gentoo on Android is about running Gentoo natively in a directory prefix
4 on Android devices[1,2] in parallel with native Android, mentored by
5 Luca.
6
7 It is behind schedule.
8
9 In the last week, we have developed the bootstrap script for Gentoo
10 RAP.
11
12 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/6663
13
14 And tested it on x86, amd64, armv7a and armv5te.
15
16 As the final deadline draws near, I want to summarize all the things
17 that are left:
18
19 1. root privilege in Gentoo Prefix: a prototype is there, need
20 submission to portage herd.
21
22 2. RAP stage3, two pieces: root and normal user. Compiling on my
23 cell phone, with the shiny new bootstrap script.
24
25 3. Google Play user-friendly App to install Gentoo RAP. Not sure,
26 turn to xda-developers?
27
28 4. Cross bootstrap arm targets. The solution is, bootstrap a native
29 arm toolchain, (i.e. CBUILD=x86_64-*, CHOST=CTARGET=arm*), and
30 then bootstrap natively on the target device. (We have patched
31 crossdev to work with Prefix). Ruud (redlizard) has a solution
32 for that toolchain.
33
34 5. GLEP-RAP to be accepted, the profiles and patches merged to
35 gentoo-x86. toolchain herd needs vapier's approval to accepts
36 RAP related patches. I think being approved by the council will
37 accelerate that. Hints, Luca?
38
39 6*. musl and clang. It's probable that we have no time for that
40 within this round of soc.
41
42 Cheers,
43 Benda