From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android: Summary for 2013.8.26-9.8
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 05:29:56
1 On 08/09/13 07:16, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > Gentoo on Android is about running Gentoo natively in a directory prefix
5 > on Android devices[1,2] in parallel with native Android, mentored by
6 > Luca.
7 >
8 > It is behind schedule.
9 >
10 > In the last week, we have developed the bootstrap script for Gentoo
11 > RAP.
12 >
13 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/6663
14 >
15 > And tested it on x86, amd64, armv7a and armv5te.
16 >
17 > As the final deadline draws near, I want to summarize all the things
18 > that are left:
19 >
20 > 1. root privilege in Gentoo Prefix: a prototype is there, need
21 > submission to portage herd.
22
23 This is moderately important
24
25 > 2. RAP stage3, two pieces: root and normal user. Compiling on my
26 > cell phone, with the shiny new bootstrap script.
27
28 This is important
29
30 > 3. Google Play user-friendly App to install Gentoo RAP. Not sure,
31 > turn to xda-developers?
32
33 Nice to have but not needed by the pencil-down.
34
35 > 4. Cross bootstrap arm targets. The solution is, bootstrap a native
36 > arm toolchain, (i.e. CBUILD=x86_64-*, CHOST=CTARGET=arm*), and
37 > then bootstrap natively on the target device. (We have patched
38 > crossdev to work with Prefix). Ruud (redlizard) has a solution
39 > for that toolchain.
40
41 It is interesting
42
43 > 5. GLEP-RAP to be accepted, the profiles and patches merged to
44 > gentoo-x86. toolchain herd needs vapier's approval to accepts
45 > RAP related patches. I think being approved by the council will
46 > accelerate that. Hints, Luca?
47
48 Start discussing on gentoo-dev, but it isn't something I expect to have
49 in a week. Ping me about the patches.
50
51 > 6*. musl and clang. It's probable that we have no time for that
52 > within this round of soc.
53
54 As for point 3 it would be nice to have but can wait.
55
56 lu