From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android: Summary for 2013.8.26-9.8
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 08:41:35
1 Dear Luca,
2
3 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> writes:
4
5 > On 08/09/13 07:16, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
6
7 >> As the final deadline draws near, I want to summarize all the things
8 >> that are left:
9 >>
10 >> 1. root privilege in Gentoo Prefix: a prototype is there, need
11 >> submission to portage herd.
12 >
13 > This is moderately important
14
15 Got it.
16
17 >> 2. RAP stage3, two pieces: root and normal user. Compiling on my
18 >> cell phone, with the shiny new bootstrap script.
19 >
20 > This is important
21
22 Got it.
23
24 >> 3. Google Play user-friendly App to install Gentoo RAP. Not sure,
25 >> turn to xda-developers?
26 >
27 > Nice to have but not needed by the pencil-down.
28
29 After 2. is done, I'll announce to xda-developer and see if people would
30 like to help.
31
32 >> 4. Cross bootstrap arm targets. The solution is, bootstrap a native
33 >> arm toolchain, (i.e. CBUILD=x86_64-*, CHOST=CTARGET=arm*), and
34 >> then bootstrap natively on the target device. (We have patched
35 >> crossdev to work with Prefix). Ruud (redlizard) has a solution
36 >> for that toolchain.
37 >
38 > It is interesting
39
40 Yes, I will test Ruud's solution and fill anything left.
41
42 >> 5. GLEP-RAP to be accepted, the profiles and patches merged to
43 >> gentoo-x86. toolchain herd needs vapier's approval to accepts
44 >> RAP related patches. I think being approved by the council will
45 >> accelerate that. Hints, Luca?
46 >
47 > Start discussing on gentoo-dev, but it isn't something I expect to have
48 > in a week. Ping me about the patches.
49
50 bug 473728, bug 474358, bug 384167.
51
52 >> 6*. musl and clang. It's probable that we have no time for that
53 >> within this round of soc.
54 >
55 > As for point 3 it would be nice to have but can wait.
56
57 Got it.
58
59 Cheers,