From: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 08:41:03
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 After expanding the root partition, I moved the toolchain built using
4 crossdev to crOS and configured it. But crOS core packages are compiled
5 with older version of gcc and glibc which is holding back to compile new
6 packages using portage. So, I thought to upgrade it to using the
7 Upgrading_Gentoo guide. But again, It broke the core packages. I also tried
8 to install to /usr/local but the problem persisted.
9
10 So, next week, I will be trying to setup a prefix for crOS. I have brief
11 understanding of it, so i would be following the manual bootstrap
12 <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix/Manual_Bootstrap> process and
13 also setting it up stage wise would make debugging easy. As a prerequisite,
14 I should have a toolchain packages which i already have built using
15 crosstool-ng
16 --
17 - Regards
18